(M&S) today publishes its 2014 which launches a new, agile and stronger sustainable business plan which extends Plan A across M&S’ international business over the next six years.
Called Plan A 2020, the 100 commitment plan retains and strengthens M&S’ 2015 eco and ethical commitments and includes new commitments that tackle both today’s and tomorrow’s sustainable retail challenges.
The plan builds on the first seven years of Plan A by extending successful commitments and scaling them across M&S operations worldwide. It further aligns the sustainability plan to M&S’ business plan to be a leading international, multi-channel retailer and includes innovative commitments that are firsts in retail and sustainable business.
• M&S operations worldwide, not just the UK, now carbon neutral1;
• Launch of a Global Community Programme to increase the scale of the social, environmental and economic benefits of supply chain Plan A projects;
• Make Your Mark extended to help 5,000 young unemployed people by 2016 and Marks & Start employability programme launched in international markets2;
• Sustainable learning stores to be launched overseas and UK stores to be adapted for future climate change challenges;
• Energy efficiency target increased from 35% to 50% per sq ft by 20203;
• UK stores to raise £1 million every year for local charities and plan to raise £20 million for health and well being charities by 2020.
To view the full article please click here